SNAP for WordPress Version 3.7 has been released. This version adds support for two new networks.
1. Weibo. Biggest Chinese Microblogging Service. You can post your messages and images.
2. MailChimp. One of the most popular email marketing tools. You can send your blogs as email campaigns to specific subscribers.
Version 3.7 also has cleaner and less cluttered interface for both settings and “new post” page, new “Post to all checked networks” button on the published post page, new categorized list of networks on the “Add New Network” page.
Today we are announcing SNAP for WordPress Version 3.5. It will be released on Friday, March 4, 2016. This version is a result of our decision to change our release strategy. We are still working on completely new and totally re-written version 4. That version will be a major release and it already took a lot of time to develop. We realized that while we are sitting on some cool features that were made for upcoming V4, version 3.4 already got 32 almost featureless releases. We are sitting on them for too long. Some of those features require brand new V4 platform and engine, but some of them can be easily ported to V3 and work along with the old code.
So we decided to make several smaller releases instead of keep people waiting for one big.
We are starting with version 3.5 that got new API connection engine. New engine comes with highly optimized, smaller and faster V4 API connector files. We created a way for new API connection engine to seamlessly work with the old one.
Version 3.5 has three networks based on this new V4 API connection engine:
Telegram [New] (Free and Pro),
Instagram [New] (active “SNAP API” subscription members only),
XING [Updated] (Free and Pro).
Eventually all networks will be ported to new V4 API connection engine. Very soon we will make couple more V3 releases with new interface, features and networks and then, once we finish new autoposting engine, we will switch it on and call that release V4. That’s the plan.
PS: We apologize to all people who are waiting for the new “existing posts re-posting” functionality. This feature actually requires new V4 posting engine and will be available only in actual V4.
Version 4 is coming out soon. One of the new features is “Filters” – an ability to define exactly what posts should go to each configured networks.
SNAP for WordPress Version 3.4.12 has been released. This version adds support for two new URL shorteners, ability to force shortened URLS as well as some bug fixes.
SNAP for WordPress Version 3.4.4 has been released. This version adds new network XING, some performance improvement as well as some bug fixes.
= 3.4.4 [11/17/2014] =
* New – New network “XING”. Post text messages or share links to your personal account.
* Improvement – Performance and memory usage improvement
* Bug Fix – [Diigo] “301” error message has been fixed.
= 3.4.3 [09/17/2014] =
* Improvement – Full WordPress 4.0 compatibility including fixed for all “depreciated” notices.
* Improvement – Better handling of Twitter characters limit.
* New – %CT-CustomTaxonomy% tag (Twitter only for now)
* Bug Fix – “Verify Featured Image” checkbox in the settings tab was not working along with functionality it should turn on.
* Bug Fix – “Filter posts by tags” was broken.
* Bug Fix – “Filter posts by categories” was not working in some environments involving third party automated posts or scheduled posts
* Bug Fix – “Incorrect import file” message when importing previously exported file. (Actual problem was with “Export”)
* Bug Fix – Duplicate “Update Settings” button.
* Bug Fix – [LinkedIn] ugly error messages.
* Bug Fix – [Plurk] – missing token error.
= 3.4.2 [07/16/2014] =
* Bug Fix – Fix for Broken Visual Editor. TinyMCE 4.0 compatibility broke earlier TinyMCE versions.
SNAP for WordPress Version 3.4.1 has been released. This version adds new network Kippt and support for WordPress 3.9 and PHP 5.5 as well as many bug fixes.
= 3.4.1 [07/16/2014] =
* New – New network “Kippt”. Post your blogpost links to your Kippt Lists.
* Improvement – Full PHP 5.5 compatibility including fixed for all “depreciated” notices.
* Improvement – Full WordPress 3.9 and TinyMCE 4.0 compatibility including fixed for all “depreciated” notices.
* Bug Fix – Checkboxes/Radiobuttons got incorrectly unchecked
* Bug Fix – [Facebook] Fix for “Please make sure your redirect_uri is identical to the one you used in the OAuth dialog request” problem.
* Bug Fix – [Facebook] Fix for posting to boards with international characters in URL.
* Bug Fix – [Facebook] “Unsupported post request” error.
* Bug Fix – [Facebook] Broken ability to post to the hidden groups.
* Bug Fix – [Blogger] “Incorrect JSON” error.
* Bug Fix – [Pinterest] Invalid log entry. “TEST”.
* Bug Fix – [Twitter] Wrong codes (like —).
* Bug Fix – [VK] Better support for phone verification.
* Bug Fix – [SETT] Fix for “Please make sure your redirect_uri is identical to the one you used in the OAuth dialog request” problem.
* Bug Fix – If you put 4 minutes in the dropdown for the Posting Delay, it returns 45 minutes.
SNAP for WordPress Version 3.3.6 has been released. This version adds support for the API 2.0 from Facebook.
Facebook silently changed it’s policy regarding app permissions that available without review and approval. It means that if your app existed before April 30th 2014 plugin will use the same API 1.0 that worked fine for the last 4 years. If your app created on or after April 30th 2014 it will only be compatible with Facebook API 2.0 that requires a complicated review/approval process.
Please see the whole history of the issue here: www.nextscripts.com/known-issues/facebook-issues/
Updated instructions for Facebook are here: www.nextscripts.com/instructions/facebook-social-networks-auto-poster-setup-installation/
We introduced the “Old Posts Re-posting” functionality with version 3.0. It was one of the most requested features and it was one of the most hardest features to implement.
What we did works, but it turned out to be very hard to understand and configure correctly. You need to setup the re-poster itself, then you need to include/exclude posts to/from re-posting based on several different criteria. It’s complicated and hard to get. It should be much more clear and easy to use.
It’s time to admit that we did it wrong.
So we officially announce that we will completely re-do the “Old Posts Re-posting” feature in the version 3.5 release. Until then, starting from March 25, 2014, we are no longer offering support for the current implementation. There is no point in fixing it, it must be completely re-done.
We are sorry, but we are longer accepting or replying to support tickets/inquires about “Old Posts Re-posting”. This functionality is now provided “as is” without any guarantees.
The good news is that we actually got a lot of feedback and a lot of experience from this. We know what we did wrong, and what to do to improve it. We promise that we will do it right this time.
PS: Just to clarify. “Old Posts Re-posting” functionality is not buggy, it’s not broken, there is nothing wrong with it as it’s done. You can configure it and it will work. It’s just very confusing and hard to understand and configure. Also it is not as flexible as it should be and many desired configurations are either extremely hard to achieve or even impossible. It should not be like this.
Update (Dec 2014): Upcoming Version 4 Features: Auto-Reposting
Update 2 (March 2015) (FAQ)
Question:I got “Pro” version and it says that this is not supported. I urgently need this functionality!!!
Answer We are not sure what exactly are you asking here. First of all “Re-posting” is not a part of “Pro” upgrade, it’s available in the free version. Re-posting functionality in V3 is working, we just don’t support it because it was not implemented to satisfy everyone and we are completely redoing it. We are working on new re-posing functionality for the last 10 months. It will take another 2-4 months to finish it. What exactly can we “urgently” provide you with?
SNAP for WordPress Version 3.3.0 has been released. This version adds support for Flipboard Magazines (Pro Only) and a lot of improvements.
One important improvement is rewritten Facebook API access.
When we started this project as “Facebook-Twitter-Google+ Autoposter” we took official Facebook PHP API library and used it. Two years and 21 networks after that we actually asked a question why exactly we are still using those 47kbs of code. We can do much better then that. We have enough knowledge and experience to use Facebook API directly, without some “middle man”. As a result we got much faster and more reliable Facebook autoposter engine.
Another important change is disabling Auto-Reposter if WP Cron service is not correctly configured. This should save a lot of frustration and prevent many issues.
= 3.3.0 [03/06/2014] =
* New – New network “Flipboard”. Post your links to your magazine.
* Improvement – A lot of code, error handling and interface optimizations and improvements.
* Improvement – Plugin is not using 47kb of official Facebook API for PHP anymore. Facabook autoposting is now more stable and faster.
* Improvement – Auto-Reposting functionality will be disabled if WP Cron is not configured correctly.
* Improvement – Plugin shows how many posts is included in auto-reposting on the settings page.
* Bug Fix – Many bug fixes and improvements to the “Auto-Reposting” and “Posts from Query” functionality.
* Bug Fix – Checkboxes with selected categories were not saving correctly.
* Bug Fix – Google+ – custom URL postings were incorrect.
* Bug Fix – Tumblr is now working “New Post to Social Networks”
SNAP for WordPress Version 3.2.0 has been released. This version adds an ability to make posts to social networks without making a new blogpost and adds Scoop.It to the list of supported networks.
= 3.2.0 [01/29/2014] =
* New – Post to social networks without creating WordPress post.
* New – New network “Scoop.It”. Make text posts, link posts, or image posts. Post with tags.
* New – New LinkedIn Showcase pages are supported. (Pro Only)
* Improvement/Bug Fix – New interface for checkboxes for networks with excluded categories.
* Improvement/Bug Fix – %EXCERPT% tags won’t cut the actual excerpt to 300 characters anymore.
* Bug Fix – filed link [Enabled/Disabled for Repost according to Categories/Tags/Taxonomies filters] * Bug Fix – Stability improvements to re-posting functionality.
SNAP for WordPress Version 3.1.2 has been released. This version fixes several bugs.
= 3.1.2 [01/15/2013] =
* [Critical] Bug Fix – [ERROR] (#100) actions should be a JSON-encoded dictionary with ‘name’ and ‘link’ keys
* Improvement/Bug Fix – Plugin will import all comments from Facebook posts, not just the first 100.
* Bug Fix – Plugin were re-posting the same “Sticky” post in some configurations.
SNAP for WordPress Version 3.1.1 has been released. This version brings compliance with “Jan 14 Twitter API changes” as well as some bug fixes and stability/compatibility improvements.
= 3.1.1 [01/14/2013] =
* Improvement/Bug Fix – Update for Jan 14 Twitter API change – requirement for ONLY secured SSL connections
* Improvement/Bug Fix – Better compatibility with some WP Admin themes – like fixed missing “Update Settings” button
* Improvement/Bug Fix – Stability improvements and better error handling for WordPress based sites.
* Improvement/Bug Fix – Some fixes, improvements and optimizations to the re-posting functionality.
* Improvement/Bug Fix – More clear interface for category filters.
* Bug Fix – Missing Twitter image on servers without proper “Content-Length” header
* Bug Fix – Duplicate categories filter for Twitter has been removed.
* Bug Fix – vBulletin module optimization and better error handling.
* Bug Fix – General options were getting overwritten by post options in some configurations.
* Bug Fix – Memory limit problem for servers with more then 1GB of allowed for PHP memory.
SNAP for WordPress Version 3.1 has been released.
* New – WordPress 3.8 Compatibility
* New – New Ajax based settings page – 7 times lighter and faster.
* New – Filter autoposting by tags and custom taxonomies.
* New – Ability to set all posts “Enabled/Disabled for repost” according to the Categories/Tags/Custom Taxonomies filters
* Improvement – Performance/compatibility improvement with latest LastPass extension.
* Improvement – Better compatibility with SSL.
* Improvement/Bug Fix – HTML tags and shortcodes are now removed from Facebook attached titles.
* Improvement/Bug Fix – Compatibility with new LinkedIn security feature “We just sent you the code”.
More about New Features:
The long awaited version 3 has been released.
* New – Major release with a lot of new and improved features.
* New – Auto-repost existing and already posted posts based on some rules – one-by-one from old to new, one-by-one from new to old, from specific dates, “older then N days and younger then X days”.
* New – Add auto-posts to the query that will be posted according to some specified rules (like “two posts per hour”)
* New – Select what image to use for “Image” and “Attachment” post types if post has several images
* New – Custom URL for posts
* New – Reset all Settings for existing posts.
* New – Extended debug info.
* New – Ability to send errors by email.
* New – New Option – How to handle spaces in hashtags.
* Improvement – Comments import has been completely redone. Disqus and usernames should be correct now.
* Improvement – Code was optimized for lighter footprint
* New – App.net Support
* New – Reddit Support
* New – Deviantart Support
We have reached the point where we can offer SNAP Version 3 Beta to anyone. Product is already stable enough not to cause any major troubles. There will be no more new feature added, just some more bugfixes and then it will be released as “stable”.
First of all, thanks to all people who tested betas 1 – 6 and RC1 and provided us with valuable feedback. We made a lot of bug fixes and made some functionality changes based on your suggestions.
Now, you can take V3 Release Candidate 2 for testing. Please go to the SNAP V3 Beta download page.
New “Free” and “Pro” Features
– Auto-repost existing and already posted posts based on some rules – one-by-one from old to new, one-by-one from new to old, from specific dates, “older then N days and younger then X days”.
– Add auto-posts to the query that will be posted according to some specified rules (like “two posts per hour”)
– Select what image to use for “Image” and “Attachment” post types if post has several images
– App.net Support
– Custom URL for posts
“Pro” only Features.
– Schedule auto-post for the specific time
– Auto-repost existing random posts from from specific dates or “older then N days and younger then X days”.
– Limit random or one-by-one auto-reposting for specific days of the week and times. (like Monday-Friday from 8AM to 7PM Only)
– Reddit Support
The new version 2.7.18 has been released.
It contains several improvements and fixes for recent changes in various social networks. Comments import issues and additional URL parameters issues has been fixed as well.
This will be the last 2.X.X release. Version 3 is almost ready.
Full list of changes since 2.7.14.
While most of the plugin were written using new V1.1 Twitter API, one function were still partially dependent on old V1 API functionality. Twitter V1 API is now officially retired, so SNAP has stopped working for some people who were using that function.
We just released SNAP version 2.7.15. This version has all Twitter code updated to the latest V1.1 Twitter API and all functionality is working again as it suppose to. Please upgrade your plugin to this version.
Schedule auto-posts for the specific time
You can set a specific time when the post will go to the configured social network. This feature expands the existing “delayed postings” functionality.
Please see more info here: Schedule auto-posts for the specific time
Auto-repost existing and already posted posts based on some rules (one-by-one, random, from specific days, etc..)
This is actually two features in one.
1. You can use it to import all your existing posts one by one on specific schedule.
2. You can use it to recycle your old posts by reposting them (randomly or one by one) to your social accounts.
Please see more info and instructions here: Old Posts Auto-Reposting
Add auto-posts to the query that will be posted according to some specified rules (like “two posts per hour”)
This will be useful if you import RSS or other feeds to your site. Your posts are imported all at once, but will go social networks one by one with specified intervals.
Select what image to use for “Image” and “Attachment” post types if post has several images
You can select what image to use for autoposting if your post has several.
Short video demo of auto-posting to Google+ with selected images. Video shows that image selection is working for both “Image Posts” and for thumbnails for “Text Posts with “attached” blogpost”
App.net, Reddit and deviantart.com will be added.
Version 3 will be released once we finish beta testing and work out all bugs.
Beta number 4 will be sent out next week. We will be taking more people for it. If you recently requested to become a beta tester, you should get it. If not you can still request it here: http://www.nextscripts.com/version-3-beta/
The new version 2.7.14 has been released.
It contains some improvements like support for Categories for Google+ Community Pages, Facebook Secret Groups, many bugfixes and new security model. This version adds an ability to skip the check for user privileges as well as an ability to allow users to autopost without seeing to changing any options. This change makes a possibility to resolve the issues caused by previous security fix.
Full list of changes.
The latest 2.7.13 release caused some troubles.
Let us explain what happened.
Administrators can give or not give the rights to autopost to specific user groups. That feature had a security hole that was allowing users who has no rights to autopost still do that. That was fixed in the latest version. We won’t unfix it or roll it back. That was a real security problem and it was causing real troubles.
If you are getting “User ID XXX can’t autopost” errors please go to the settings tab and give the user group where user with ID XXX rights to autopost.
However this fix backfired to users who were using that security hole as feature.
– WordPress used as classifieds website. Visitors submit posts from frontend.
– Administrator doesn’t want contributors or authors to change autoposting settings, but still want their posts to be autoposted to all configured networks.
– All posts are imported by some automation plugin. That plugin is not brilliantly written and it inserts all posts using hard-coded user id #1. Website doesn’t even have the user with ID 1, so the result is “User ID 1 can’t autopost” error.
We will re-think our security model and might add another privilege, so some user groups will autopost without seeing or being able to make any changes to the settings. We also might add the ability to skip this whole security model and use plugin without any restrictions (as it was before the fix).
UPDATE: Version 2.7.14 has an ability to skip the check for user privileges as well as an ability to allow users to autopost without seeing to changing any options.