New Version has been released: 1.8.6
New version has some bug fixes as well as support for video attachment to Facebook posts.
= 1.8.6 =
* New – If blogpost has video it can be used as attachement in Facebook post.
* Bug fix – Facebook %TEXT% and %FULLTEXT% formatiing issues.
* Bug fix – Some Blogger Authorization issues.
= 1.8.5 =
* Bug fix – Format settings disappeared after update post
* Bug fix – Twitter 140 characters limit when used with %TEXT% and %FULLTEXT%
Blogger has been recently added to the list of supported networks to the NextScripts Social Networks Autposter plugin for WordPress.
This plugin supports two kinds of networks – networks that have free API (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr) and networks that require a special third party library (Pinterest, Goolge+).
Blogger has a unique position there. It does have a free API, but that API is very restricted and unstable. Blogger also owned by Google and it’s interface is somewhat similar to Google+, so making third party library to support Blogger through our own API were not that hard.
As a result the plugin has dual support for Blogger. it will use free API if you have just the plugin, and it will use NextScripts API if you have postToGooglePlus.php library.
The problems with Free API:
- The HTML code should be XHTML complaint. This is usually not a problem with clean wordpress, but a lot of third party plugins forgot to close html tags, put quotes in attributes and use <br/> not <br>. Things like this will be rejected by free API and message won’t be posted.
- Due to internal possessing the format of your post could be changed to something completely different.
- No support for tags
- No proper support for UTF/Unicode. International characters could become corrupted.
Please consider getting Google+ API (Blogger is included there) if you have problems posting to Blogger.
New Version has been released: 1.8.4
New version add Blogger/Blogspot support as well some improvements to the existing networks.
= 1.8.4 =
* New – Blogger Support
* New/Improvement – Post to Tumblr and Blogger/Blogspot could be posted with tags
* New/Improvement – Tumblr is now open_basedir safe.
* Bug fix – G+ Authorization problem with non google.com domains (like google.com.sg, google.com.br, google.ru, etc).
* Bug fix – Pinterest “Test” Button
New Version has been released: 1.8.2
New version has some more Pinterest functionality including ability to change board from the “New Post” page. It also has Tumblr Authorization bug fixed
= 1.8.2 =
* Bug fix – Tumblr Authorization Problem.
= 1.8.1 =
* Improvement – Pinterest will look for images in post text if featured image is missing
* Improvement – Pinterest – adbility to change board diring the post writing.
* Bug fix – Several small bugs and formating fixes.
New Version has been released: 1.8.0
This version is adds Pinterest and Tumblr support as well as many improvements to the image and text post management.
= 1.8.0 =
* New – Pinterest Support
* New – Tumblr Support
* New/Improvement – %IMG% replacement tag – Inserts Featured Image URL
* Improvement – Better Image Handling
* Improvement – Better Facebook Authorization
* Improvement – Google+ Interactive Phone and Email Account Verification Support
* Bug fix – Google+ “You are not authorized for this page” Error
New Version has been released: 1.7.5
This version is WordPress 3.4 compatible, has some small improvements and bug fixes and also can shorten URLs posted to Twitter.
= 1.7.5 =
* New/Improvement – %SURL% replacement tag – Shortens URL
* Improvement – WordPress 3.4 Compatibility
* Improvement – Better handling of Twitter’s “140 characters limit”
* Bug fix – Facebook posts to use Home URL instead of Site URL
* Bug fix – Better error handling
New Version has been released: 1.7.3. It fixes the problem Facebook Authorization
= 1.7.3 =
* Bug fix – Some Facebook Authorization/Connection issues.
New version has been released: 1.7.2.
It adds author’s name to the list of possible post format tags and fixed some facebook problems.
= 1.7.2 =
* New/Improvement – %AUTHORNAME% – Inserts the author’s name.
* Improvement – better Facebook errors handling
* Bug fix – Facebook 1000 character limit error fixed.
You can download it from NextScripts or directly from WordPress.org
Version 1.7.0 had a small bug that is now fixed. Repost buttons were not working.
= 1.7.1 =
* Bug fix – Repost button fixed.
New Version has been released: 1.7.0.
This version has two new features as a result of multiple requests from our users.
1. “Custom Post Types” are now supported. Many custom templates allow to post some different types of content and now all this custom content could be published to the social networks the same way as regular posts.
2. Open Graph tags support is now build in the plugin. You need Open Graph tags to define the thumbnail, title and short description of your post that will be posted to Facebook and Google+.
There are also several small improvements and bug fixes.
= 1.7.0 =
* New – Support for WordPress “Custom Post Types”.
* New – Ability to add open graph tags without third party plugins.
* Improvement – Better compatibility/faster Google+ posting.
* Improvement – If post thumbnail (featured image) is not set, script will look for images in the post.
* Improvement – If excerpt is not set, script will auto-generate it.
* Bug fix – Fixed “Changing format of the message for each individual post” problem.
* Bug fix – Fixed missing “Pending-to-Publish” status change.
* Bug fix – Twitter settings page format fixed.
New Version has been released: 1.6.2. It fixes the problem with Twitter posting sometimes producing “Cannot modify header information” error.
= 1.6.2 =
* Bug fix – Fix for “Cannot modify header information” message while posting to Twitter.
New Version has been released: 1.6.1. It fixes the problem for the webservers without support for short php tags <? ?> and adds ability to post either full post or excerpt of the post.
= 1.6.1 =
* Improvement – New posting format: %TEXT% – Inserts the excerpt of your post. %FULLTEXT% – Inserts the body(text) of your post.
* Bug fix – Activation Problem “unexpected $end” for servers with no support for short php tags <? ?>.
New Version has been released: 1.6.0. It brings some improvements and stability fixes.
= 1.6.0 =
* Improvement – New improved settings page with test buttons.
* Bug fix – Rare Facebook crush.
* Bug fix – G+ Stability Fix.
Google just introduced a Google+ “Share” button.
The new button allows webmasters to let visitors to spread a link to the page among circles on Google+ Social Network. When visitor clicks the button, there is an option of sharing a page with anyone or only some circles in their network.The Share button joins, not replaces the existing “+1” button, which allows Google+ members to endorse a webpage or an article.
The Share button is already available for integration. More instructions are on the ‘Google+ Developers’.
Unfortunately this button does not changes the way the Google+ API works. The API is still read-only, so if you as a webmaster want to share your own page or blog post on your own G+ page you still need to do it manually or use the third party plugin or library.