Search by tag «API»Entries found: 10
XING has recently decided to discontinue its official free API.
Today we are introducing the better alternative – new NextScripts Premium API for XING. Unlike the API from XING that was able to make posts to profiles only, NextScripts Premium API for XING can post to profiles, company pages, and groups.
All current API subscribers are getting it for free today. SNAP WordPress Pro plugin users can use it starting from version 3.7.16 (API 2.27.0). SNAP Pro API and SNAP Light API users should download package version 28 (API 2.27.0)
Instagram Autoposting is coming to SNAP!
3 years ago we wrote an article explaining why Instagram was not supported. Instagram was accepting images only from the phones and other mobile devices and there was no way to post there from the website or API. Since then we were considering creating our own API for Instagram. Well, today we are announcing it.
NextScripts API for Instagram will be available for all active API subscribers* Friday March 5, 2016 as part of the Universal API.
More info as well as demo is here: SNAP: Autoposting to Instagram
Autoposting to Instagram is available to all active SNAP API subscribers. Active SNAP API subscriber is anyone whose last payment for SNAP API was less then a year ago.
Instagram autoposting is available in all SNAP API versions including “Pro”, “Light” and “Run-Time”(this one is included with “Pro” WordPress plugin)
Clarification #2: Who is getting Instagram?
SNAP API Pro Subscribers – Yes
SNAP API Light Subscribers – Yes
SNAP Pro WordPress plugin users who subscribed to RunTime API – Yes
SNAP Pro WordPress plugin users who chose “One time payment” option after March 5, 2015 – Yes (but will loose it on the payment anniversary)
SNAP Pro WordPress plugin users who chose “One time payment” option before March 5, 2015 – No
SNAP Free WordPress plugin – No
SNAP for WordPress Version 3.3.6 has been released. This version adds support for the API 2.0 from Facebook.
Facebook silently changed it’s policy regarding app permissions that available without review and approval. It means that if your app existed before April 30th 2014 plugin will use the same API 1.0 that worked fine for the last 4 years. If your app created on or after April 30th 2014 it will only be compatible with Facebook API 2.0 that requires a complicated review/approval process.
Please see the whole history of the issue here: www.nextscripts.com/known-issues/facebook-issues/
Updated instructions for Facebook are here: www.nextscripts.com/instructions/facebook-social-networks-auto-poster-setup-installation/
Promotion offer Changes
We are no longer offering downloadable Google+ and Pinterest APIs along with WordPress Plugin.
We had this promotion offer for quite some time. Two downloadable API libraries were included with SNAP Pro WordPress plugin purchase.
Today we are replacing this offer with something much better. From now on SNAP Pro WordPress plugin comes with built-in run-time edition of SNAP Universal API. SNAP Universal API adds not just Google+ and Pinterest, but 10 additional networks otherwise not available for autoposting in any form or significantly improved over the original APIs.
Platforms/Social Networks based on the unique NextScripts SNAP API:
PS: If you need downloadable Google+ and Pinterest APIs, they are now the part of our SNAP Universal API (Light and Pro Editions are downloadable). And guess what? SNAP Pro WordPress plugin is included for free with every Light or Pro SNAP Universal API purchase.
PS2: This change is effective today, May 1st 2014. If you find our old ad somewhere, the old “3in1” promotion there is no longer valid.
PS3: We are no longer offering separate downloadable Google+ and Pinterest APIs to the new customers. We simply don’t have and don’t support those two files anymore. All up-to-date APIs including Google+ and Pinterest are available only in the SNAP Universal API.
What happened with what I have now? Does it mean I should re-purchase?
1. Nothing will be changed for you if you are using WordPress Plugin (actually it will be even better). It will work with SNAP Runtime API indefinitely. SNAP Runtime API is embded in the “Pro” plugin.
2. Downloadable Google+ and Pinterest API libraries (that were included for free with SNAP Pro Plugin order) are discontinued. Those files will be kept up to date till the May 2015 after that they will stop working right after Google and/or Pinterest make any breaking changes to it’s interfaces. Those libraries should be replaced with SNAP API before that.
3. Universal SNAP API. New product that includes API to Google+, Pinterest and all other networks (free and not free). SNAP API comes as a yearly subscription. If you purchased “SNAP Pro WordPress plugin with Google+ and Pinterest API libraries for $49.95” within a year of upgrade, you can get a $49.95 discount for your first year.
Google is actively rolling out non-numeric “custom” URLs for it’s users and pages.
yes, we’ve got one too: http://google.com/+Nextscripts
This +NextScripts is not our page ID and it cannot be used in our API.
Here is how to get the numeric page ID:
1. Login to your account, go to “pages” and select your page.
2. You will see the front of your page with the new URL. Click “Manage this page” button.
3. You will get to the dashboard and dashboard will show the numeric ID in the URL.
Alternately you can just click “Manage this page” right from the pages selection.
We have some news.
1. Version 3 Beta 4 wasn’t as bad as Beta 3 in terms of new bugs and problems. Beta 5 will be available on Monday to all beta testers and then most probably Beta 6 will be public.
2. New Version 3 feature.
Due to many requests we have added the ability to share some different URL with autoposts.
You will be able to setup custom URL for all networks and for each one individually.
3. We set a separate blog and social networks accounts for API updates announcements.
You can always see the latest release news here: http://www.nextscripts.com/updts/
Follow any of our special accounts to stay in touch with API releases, news and updates:
4. One more thing. Pinterest is rolling out new interface to everyone. Old interface become obsolete and unstable. Starting with API 2.8.0 we are no longer support old Pinterest interface. Please login to your Pinterest account and accept new changes, otherwise you will be getting 502 errors.
While most of the plugin were written using new V1.1 Twitter API, one function were still partially dependent on old V1 API functionality. Twitter V1 API is now officially retired, so SNAP has stopped working for some people who were using that function.
We just released SNAP version 2.7.15. This version has all Twitter code updated to the latest V1.1 Twitter API and all functionality is working again as it suppose to. Please upgrade your plugin to this version.
Many people mentioned in the comments to the previous post, that Reddit allows you to post your own links to your own subreddits.
Well, we have heard you and the next version of the SNAP will support autoposting to Reddit.
You can check out our subreddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/NextScripts/
We are getting a lot of requests to add Digg and Reddit to our list of supported networks.
1. Digg. As you may notice old Digg (that allowed anyone to share links) is not here anymore. New Digg it still undergoing development and has no API and no way to submit new links using their own accounts. They don’t even allow their accounts to be created yet. We are monitoring the development, and we may consider adding it as soon as their system allow it in any way.
2. Reddit. Technically we can add reddit, but it’s basically useless. Reddit does not allow you to post your own links (and they force this policy):
What constitutes spam?
If your contribution to reddit consists mostly of submitting links to a site(s) that you own or otherwise benefit from in some way, and additionally if you do not participate in discussion, or reply to peoples questions, regardless of how many upvotes your submissions get, you are a spammer. *****If over 10% of your submissions are your own site/content, you’re almost certainly a spammer.*****
Update: Reddit actually allows autoposting to your own subreddits, so next version will be able to autopost to Reddit
Plugin could not be compatible with two-step verification. Plugin have to login to your account in order to make a post. 2 step verification requires entering the code from your phone. Plugin can’t take a look at the screen of your phone each time it needs to make a post, so it’s not possible for it to login like this.
Also plugin could not be compatible with “application specific passwords”. Application specific passwords could be used only in the non-browser applications, but Google+ is accessible by browser only.
If you are concerned about your personal Google account and want to keep 2 step verification on, just create another account, make it admin for your Google+/Blogger page and use it for auto-posting.
UPD: Link to “Owners and managers on Google+ Pages” – https://support.google.com/plus/answer/2380625?hl=en