New Release: SNAP for WordPress Version 3.3.6
SNAP for WordPress Version 3.3.6 has been released. This version adds support for the API 2.0 from Facebook.
Facebook silently changed it’s policy regarding app permissions that available without review and approval. It means that if your app existed before April 30th 2014 plugin will use the same API 1.0 that worked fine for the last 4 years. If your app created on or after April 30th 2014 it will only be compatible with Facebook API 2.0 that requires a complicated review/approval process.
Please see the whole history of the issue here: www.nextscripts.com/known-issues/facebook-issues/
Updated instructions for Facebook are here: www.nextscripts.com/instructions/facebook-social-networks-auto-poster-setup-installation/
= 3.3.6 [05/09/2014] =
* [Critical] Bug Fix – Facebook – Facebook API 2.0 Compatibility. Please see here: www.nextscripts.com/known-issues/facebook-issues
* Improvement – Compatibility to up to WordPress 3.9.1.
* Improvement – Added support for Twitter multiline posts.
* Improvement – Twitter – Better 140 characters cut if a lot of tags used.
* Bug Fix – Contributors can’t submit posts for review.
* Bug Fix – app.net authorization issues. (like “Please contact the website that sent you here and let them know that there is a problem with the authorization URL”)
* Bug Fix – DeviantArt connection problems.
* Bug Fix – Delicious connection problems.
* Bug Fix – Delicious broken tags.
= 3.3.4 [04/11/2014] =
* Bug Fix – LinkedIn troubles with entering captcha
* Bug Fix – LinkedIn “Array – Array” Error
* Bug Fix – Plurk “Array” message removed
* Bug Fix – LiveJournal “Array” message removed
* Bug Fix – Sett error “You need to enter a name and email address”
* Bug Fix – Twitter “over 140 characters” error when too many tags are used.
= 3.3.3 [04/07/2014] =
* Bug Fix/Improvement – Connection to Facebook has been updated to comply with new requirements. This will fix all “(#100) Tried accessing unexisting field (access_token) on node type (User)” errors.
= 3.3.2 [04/02/2014] =
* New – New network “SETT”. Post your blogposts to your Sett Blog.
* Bug Fix – LinkedIn Connection issues.
* Bug Fix – Entries like nxs_snap_sh_ have been removed from “Custom Fields” list
* Bug Fix – Many minor bugs.
= 3.3.1 [03/12/2014] =
* New/Improvement – More advanced auto-reposting configuration. You can now control what should happen when it’s finished. You can turn it of, keep it in waiting mode, or reset and auto-start from the beginning.
* Improvement – Flipboard is now able so set custom URL for autoposting.
* Bug Fix – API message after the tumblr post has been removed.
* Bug Fix – Cron check could produce inconclusive results.
Has anyone noticed the new facebook App policies? They are painful! :O
They just keep on hardening the stuff on us.
Instead the policies need to be easified.
is this working with WP 4.0
No 3.3.6 is not compatible with WP4, but the latest one 3.4.3 does.
in 3.4.3 (WP 4.0) have radiobuttons instead of checkboxes for categories in "Categories to Include/Exclude" settings section. Does anyone else have the same problem?
What exactly are you calling "problem"? Checkboxes are turned to radiobuttons if any filters are active for this network.
i can't imagine what could cause it and what you call filters in this context. could you please direct me? i have "Filter Autoposting by" set to "All" and that is the only filter i know.