Search by tag «Wordpress»Entries found: 60
We have reached the point where we can offer SNAP Version 3 Beta to anyone. Product is already stable enough not to cause any major troubles. There will be no more new feature added, just some more bugfixes and then it will be released as “stable”.
First of all, thanks to all people who tested betas 1 – 6 and RC1 and provided us with valuable feedback. We made a lot of bug fixes and made some functionality changes based on your suggestions.
Now, you can take V3 Release Candidate 2 for testing. Please go to the SNAP V3 Beta download page.
New “Free” and “Pro” Features
– Auto-repost existing and already posted posts based on some rules – one-by-one from old to new, one-by-one from new to old, from specific dates, “older then N days and younger then X days”.
– Add auto-posts to the query that will be posted according to some specified rules (like “two posts per hour”)
– Select what image to use for “Image” and “Attachment” post types if post has several images
– App.net Support
– Custom URL for posts
“Pro” only Features.
– Schedule auto-post for the specific time
– Auto-repost existing random posts from from specific dates or “older then N days and younger then X days”.
– Limit random or one-by-one auto-reposting for specific days of the week and times. (like Monday-Friday from 8AM to 7PM Only)
– Reddit Support
The new version 2.7.18 has been released.
It contains several improvements and fixes for recent changes in various social networks. Comments import issues and additional URL parameters issues has been fixed as well.
This will be the last 2.X.X release. Version 3 is almost ready.
Full list of changes since 2.7.14.
While most of the plugin were written using new V1.1 Twitter API, one function were still partially dependent on old V1 API functionality. Twitter V1 API is now officially retired, so SNAP has stopped working for some people who were using that function.
We just released SNAP version 2.7.15. This version has all Twitter code updated to the latest V1.1 Twitter API and all functionality is working again as it suppose to. Please upgrade your plugin to this version.
Schedule auto-posts for the specific time
You can set a specific time when the post will go to the configured social network. This feature expands the existing “delayed postings” functionality.
Please see more info here: Schedule auto-posts for the specific time
Auto-repost existing and already posted posts based on some rules (one-by-one, random, from specific days, etc..)
This is actually two features in one.
1. You can use it to import all your existing posts one by one on specific schedule.
2. You can use it to recycle your old posts by reposting them (randomly or one by one) to your social accounts.
Please see more info and instructions here: Old Posts Auto-Reposting
Add auto-posts to the query that will be posted according to some specified rules (like “two posts per hour”)
This will be useful if you import RSS or other feeds to your site. Your posts are imported all at once, but will go social networks one by one with specified intervals.
Select what image to use for “Image” and “Attachment” post types if post has several images
You can select what image to use for autoposting if your post has several.
Short video demo of auto-posting to Google+ with selected images. Video shows that image selection is working for both “Image Posts” and for thumbnails for “Text Posts with “attached” blogpost”
App.net, Reddit and deviantart.com will be added.
Version 3 will be released once we finish beta testing and work out all bugs.
Beta number 4 will be sent out next week. We will be taking more people for it. If you recently requested to become a beta tester, you should get it. If not you can still request it here: http://www.nextscripts.com/version-3-beta/
The new version 2.7.14 has been released.
It contains some improvements like support for Categories for Google+ Community Pages, Facebook Secret Groups, many bugfixes and new security model. This version adds an ability to skip the check for user privileges as well as an ability to allow users to autopost without seeing to changing any options. This change makes a possibility to resolve the issues caused by previous security fix.
Full list of changes.
The latest 2.7.13 release caused some troubles.
Let us explain what happened.
Administrators can give or not give the rights to autopost to specific user groups. That feature had a security hole that was allowing users who has no rights to autopost still do that. That was fixed in the latest version. We won’t unfix it or roll it back. That was a real security problem and it was causing real troubles.
If you are getting “User ID XXX can’t autopost” errors please go to the settings tab and give the user group where user with ID XXX rights to autopost.
However this fix backfired to users who were using that security hole as feature.
– WordPress used as classifieds website. Visitors submit posts from frontend.
– Administrator doesn’t want contributors or authors to change autoposting settings, but still want their posts to be autoposted to all configured networks.
– All posts are imported by some automation plugin. That plugin is not brilliantly written and it inserts all posts using hard-coded user id #1. Website doesn’t even have the user with ID 1, so the result is “User ID 1 can’t autopost” error.
We will re-think our security model and might add another privilege, so some user groups will autopost without seeing or being able to make any changes to the settings. We also might add the ability to skip this whole security model and use plugin without any restrictions (as it was before the fix).
UPDATE: Version 2.7.14 has an ability to skip the check for user privileges as well as an ability to allow users to autopost without seeing to changing any options.
Note: This is upcoming version 3 functionality. It’s not available in the current 2.x.x version.
New field on “New Post”/”Edit Post” page – “Image(s) to use”.
Default is “Auto” which make plugin select image automatically. Plugin will take featured image from the post. If there is no featured image it will take the first image from the post body. If your post body has no images it will take the specified default image.
Uncheck “Auto” and plugin will show the grid of images from your current post. You can select the image that will be autoposted to your account.
Version 3 is coming soon, you can request to become an early beta-tester here
The new version 2.7.2 has been released. It has better settings page interface, FriendFeed support, ability “Spin” message post templates, support for goo.gl and YOURLS URL shorteners and many other improvements and bug fixes.
New network: “FriendFeed”.
Ability to “Spin” message post templates.
New template tag %ANNOUNCE% Inserts the text till the <!–more–> tag or first N words of the post.
New Pinterest interface support.
New Twitter length of the URLs is now supported.
Includes post tags with tags for LiveJournal/Dreamwidth.
Woocommerce product tags supported for %TAGS% and %HTAGS%.
Ability to use “Custom Fields” %CF-CustomFieldName% in autoposter message templates.
Support for YOURLS URL Shortener.
Support for goo.gl URL Shortener.
Better interface for “Settings” tab.
Full list of changes.
= 2.7.2 [02/28/2013] =
* Improvement/Bug Fix – New Pinterest interface suppport.
* Improvement – Post with tags for LiveJournal/Dreamwidth
* Improvement – WordPress to WordPress posts will include “Excerpt” as well.
* Bug fix – WPMU – Accounts loosing selected mode.
* Bug fix – Twitter – “Your Message is too long” problem caused by Twitter increasing URL length from 20 to 22 characters.
* Bug fix – LinkedIn – Posts were not attaching when posting to LinkedIn Groups.
* Bug fix – Incorrect skipping of individual categories selection for automated (non-human) posts
= 2.7.1 [02/26/2013] =
* New – New network “FriendFeed”
* Improvement – Indicators that some networks have excluded categories.
* Improvement – Woocommerce product tags supported for %TAGS% and %HTAGS%.
* Bug fix – Broken checkboxes in “Post Edit”
* Bug fix – Tumblr Post URLs
* Bug fix – Broken %ANNOUNCE% tag
* Bug fix – Blogger line breaks.
* Bug fix – Some issues potentialy causing duplicates.
* Bug fix – Blogger line breaks.
* Bug fix – Warning: _() expects exactly 1 fixed
* Bug fix – vk.com connection error
= 2.7.0 [02/23/2013] =
* New – Ability to auto-import “Replies” and “Mentions” from Twitter and post them as WP Comments
* New – Ability to use “Custom Fields” %CF-CustomFieldName% in autoposter message templates.
* New – New template tag %ANNOUNCE% Inserts the text till the <!–more–> tag or first N words of the post.
* New – Ability to “Spin” message post templates.
* New – Support for YOURLS URL Shortener.
* New – Support for goo.gl URL Shortener.
* Improvement – Better interface for “Settings” tab
* Improvement – Tumblr include categories as tags
* Improvement – More clear and understandable log
* Improvement – All “Message Format” fields are now multirow fields.
* Improvement – no _ in hashtags anymore
* Improvement – Featured image custom field could be an array
* Improvement/Bug Fix – additional protection against magic quotes.
* Bug fix – Stumbleupon category selection.
* Bug fix – Twitter characters limit when %TEXT% is used.
* Bug fix – Autoposting stability improvements.
* Bug fix – Featured image location in custom field.
* Bug fix – International characters for Blogger (Free API).
The new version 2.6.1 has been released. It has better interface, DreamWidth support, ability to auto-import comments from social networks and may other improvements and bug fixes.
1. DreamWidth. Technically DreamWidth is running on the modified LiveJournal engine, so it was logical to add a support for it. Just click “Add new Network”, select Livejournal from the list and then choose DreamWidth as the website to post
2. Import Facebook comments and post the to WordPress.
a. Go to the SNAP Settings->Other Settings and activate “Comments Import”.
b. Go to the Facebook account settings and activate this feature for each account.
Full list of changes.
= 2.6.1 [02/01/2013] =
* Bug fix – Critical bugfix for Facebook Authorization.
* Bug fix – “Import comments” interface tweaks.
* Bug fix – “Add new network” interface tweaks.
= 2.6.0 [01/31/2013] =
* New – Ability to auto-import Comments from Social Networks and post them as WP Comments (Facebook only so far)
* New/Improvement – New Settings Interface
* New – New network (kind of): DreamWidth.org – LJ Based Website
* New – Additional URL Parameters
* New/Improvement – Plugin will invoke it’s own cron in case of broken WP Cron.
* Bug fix – vKontakte – NXS API Fixed.
* Bug fix – Pinterest – fixed “board retreive” that could break the settings.
* Bug fix – Pinterest – fixed “0” board ID problem.
* Bug fix – Pinterest – fixed problem with wrong default image.
* Bug fix – Plurk – Better error handling.
* Bug fix – Fixed broken posting to selected categories only.
* Bug fix – Account assigned categories were not saved.
* Many other minor bug fixes and improvements
The new version 2.5.0 has been released. This release includes several “most requested” pieces of functionality.
– Direct links to the published posts from the “Edit” page:
– Ability to assign categories to each Social Network. This network will be auto-selected only when post assigned to specified categories.
– Choice of uploading images to the default “App” album or to the special “Timeline/Wall” album. (see more here)
Full list of changes
= 2.5.0 =
* New/Improvement – Direct links to posts in the “Edit” page.
* New/Improvement – Pinterest – ability to “Pin” videos.
* Improvement – Facebook – Photos could be posted to the App Album or to the “Wall” album to avoid grouping
* Improvement – if post has video and no images, video preview image will be used.
* Improvement/Bug fix – Fixed incorrect image checking against websites blocking HEAD request.
* Improvement/Bug fix – support for “attached” but not “featured” images.
* Bug fix – Facebook – broken “image” post if post has video.
* Bug fix – Plurk was not taking settings from the “Edit” page
* Bug fix – Blogger (Free API) iframe was breaking autoposting
The new version 2.4.6 has been released. Some improvements include support for Plurk, hashtags for Twitter, support for WordPress Built-in Shortener and numerous bug fixes.
= 2.4.6 =
* Improvement – WordPress 3.5 compatibility
* Improvement/Bug fix – Better image handling.
* Bug fix – Broken URL Shortener Selection.
* Bug fix – Fixed LinkedIn for European accounts.
* Bug fix – Twitter Message length tweaks.
= 2.4.5 =
* Improvement/Bug fix – Google+ better “Post type” selection.
* Bug fix – Google+ – image uploads for pages go to the right album, not profile.
* Bug fix – Google+ – Correct image for “attached” posts
* Bug fix – Twitter image attachement broken in 2.4.4
= 2.4.4 =
* Improvement – Twitter – If tags and categories are alredy in the text will become hashtags, not duplicates.
* Improvement/Bug fix – “Check All/Uncheck All” links now have prioraty over category selection.
* Bug fix – Blogger – broken messages.
* Bug fix – Plurk – 180 characters limit.
* Bug fix – Twitter correct characters count (119) for “Posts with image”
= 2.4.3 =
* New – Support for WordPress Built-in Shortener
* Improvement/Bug fix – Facebook – better image posting.
* Bug fix – Blogger Error “Attribute name associated with an element type “####” must be followed by the ‘ = ‘ character
* Bug fix – Blogger taking over the WP Admin after the error.
* Bug fix – Blogger “Invalid JSON” Error
* Bug fix – Plurk Error “Call to undefined function http_build_url()”
* Bug fix – LinkedIn “We were unable to post your update” error.
* Bug fix – Pinterest UTF characters in the Board names.
* Bug fix – Pinterest – better Handling of Error 502.
= 2.4.2 =
* New – New network: Plurk. share your new blogpost on your Plurk account.
* New – Twitter – ability to post tags and categories as #hashtags
* Improvement – Facebook settings screen shows what URL and Domain use for App Configuration.
* Improvement – Facebook –
will add a line break for “Facebook Message text Format”
* Bug fix – SSL connections fix and SSL cerificate update
* Bug fix – Broken URL Shorthener selection
= 2.4.1 =
* Bug fix – Twitter error if attachmet image is missing
* Bug fix – Issue with apostrophees and quotes
* Improvement – “Click-through URL” for the Tumblr “Photo” posts can use shorthened URLs.
* Improvement – Ability to select custom field instead of the featued image.
The new version 2.4 has been released. It has some big improvements to the Facebook and Twitter. It ads ability to make “Photo” posts to Facebook and “attach” images to Twitter posts. It also adds support for two more URL shorteners – bit.ly and wp.me.
Release has several bugs and better support for qTransalte and non-English characters.
= 2.4.0 =
* New – Facebook “Photo” posts.
* New – Ablity to attach image to Twitter posts
* New – Bit.ly support for short link.
* New – wp.me support for short links. (Jetpack users only)
* Improvement – “Click-through URL” for the Tumblr “Photo” posts.
Yesterday WordPress temporarily took down our plugin page from it’s repository for the guidelines violation. The reason was the way we were doing “Upgrade to Pro”. We made it that way for your convenience, but we need to follow WordPress guidelines. Another step will be required to get the upgrade from now on. We will try to make the transition as smooth as possible, but some of you might loose the “Pro” functionality with the 2.4.0 and 2.4.1 updates.
Here is what needs to be done to restore the “Pro”.
1. Visit http://www.nextscripts.com/mypage and download new “NextScripts: SNAP Pro Upgrade Helper” plugin.
2. Install and activate “NextScripts: SNAP Pro Upgrade Helper” plugin. Please see installation instructions if you are not sure how to do it.
3. Most probably step #2 will restore your “Pro” features, if not re-Enter your “Activation Key”.
If you still don’t see “Pro” features please contact support we will help you on the priority basis.
We apologize for the inconvenience, but this is necessary step in order for us to keep the plugin.
The new version 2.3.2 has been released. It has 3 major improvements.
1. Version 2.3 (Pro only) adds support for WordPress Multisites (Ex WordPress MU). SNAP Pro allows to autopost from the main Super Admin account blog. We are also introducing a special edition of the plugin called “SNAP Pro for WordPress Multisites”. This edition adds a separate Super Admin management modules that allows full control over autoposting from any blog in the network. Super Admin can allow each blog to configure individual social networks and autopost there or just make the whole network autopost to main blog accounts. Super Admin can setup any individual blog in the network to different settings.
See more info about and get it here: SNAP Pro for WordPress Multisites
3. vBulletin. Would you like start discussion threads about your new blogposts on some remote forums or just update your thread somewhere with new reply about your blogpost? vBulletin versions 3.6+ and 4.X are supported. You can see our thread on v7n.com as an example. Free.
= 2.3.2 =
* New – New network: vBulletin. Share your new blogpost on your StumbleUpon account.
* Functionality Change – due to massive amount of requests – WP Pro (not WP Pro for MU) allows to post only to one main Super Admin account, not to all accounts across in the network.
* Bug fix – StumbleUpon re-post wrong category fix.
* Bug fix – “expecting T_FUNCTION” error.
* Bug fix – Blogger – “Invalid JSON” Error
= 2.3.1 =
* Bug fix – Facebook stability.
* Bug fix – WP Multisite Management problems.
= 2.3.0 =
* New – Support for WP Multisite (Pro Only) – http://www.nextscripts.com/social-networks-auto-poster-pro-for-wordpress-compare-editions/
* New – New network: Stumbleupon. Share your new blogpost on your StumbleUpon account.
* Improvement – Better configuration screens.
* Improvement – Facebook SDK upped to 3.2.0
* Bug fix – Facebook authorization problems.
* Bug fix – Blogger Character encoding.
* Bug fix – Stability improvements
* Bug fix – LinkedIn post without attachment.
Last week Pinterest silently changed its login process. You cannot login using your username anymore. All logins are require you to use email instead. If you have Pinterest configured in your WordPress plugin or if you are using NextScripts Pinterest API you need to change the username to the email asap.
The new version 2.2 has been released. It adds support for auto-posting to LinkedIn Company Pages. it also has some interface improvements and new tab “History/Log”. “History/Log” tab shows all auto-posting actions done by the plugin, so it can see what, when and when posts were posted.
Release has several bugs fixed including “headers already sent by line 344 Error” problem and annoying Google Chrome problem with adding Blogger account with each save.
= 2.2.0 =
* New – NextScripts LinkeIn API support for company pages auto-posting (Beta).
* New – Actions Log – see the log of the auto-postings.
* Improvement – Better interface.
* Bug fix – headers already sent by line 344 Error.
* Bug fix – Workaround fix for non-numeric “Facebook Group” pages. We hope that Facebook will fix it soon.
* Bug fix – Saving problems for the “Settings” page.
* Bug fix – LinkedIn post Formatting problems.
* Bug fix – was still attaching a post if not selected.
Now you can auto-post your blogposts to another WordPress based blogs. The destination blog must have xmlrpc enabled. Blogpost will be published along with tags, categories and featured image (if your destination is WordPress 3.3 or better). This option includes WordPress.com blogs as well as blog.com. WordPress.com has xmlrpc activated by default. Blog.com requires you to go to the Settings->Writing and turn it on.
Note: Please be careful with blog.com, while they do allow xmlrpc posts, their’s spam prevention software considers such posts as extremely high risk, so your blog can be deactivated and you will need to contact their support.
The standalone WordPress based blogs are supported as well, so if you are publishing the same content of the several other sites or you would like to mention your main article on your other blogs, this will give you a great way to do so.
Setup is very simple, just enter the URL of the XMLRPC and provide your username and password.
The list of supported networks has grown and it become harder to identify where exactly you are auto posting. This is especially the case if you have multi-account edition. You can setup 3 blogger accounts but it’s really hard to tell the difference between them when they called 36782136281467812, 67126487328747436 and 23791242917649712. Version 2.1 brings new field to all network settings called “Account Nickname” this field has no affect to any functionality, but now you can call your accounts by something more identifiable.
Just fill the field “Nickname” when you adding new network or editing existing one.
You will see the nicknames instead of the codes in all lists of the accounts.
The new version 2.1 has been released. It addresses the critical issue that should prevent any problems in case GoDaddy or somebody else decide to put down our DNS. it also has some nice improvement and numerous bug fixes.
New network has been added. Now you can auto-post to WordPress based websites. This includes WordPress.com, Blog.com, and all other blogs based on WordPress
Changes (since 2.0.8):
= 2.1.0 =
* New – New network: WordPress based websites. This option includes WordPress.com, Blog.com, and and any other blogs based on WP.
* Improvement – nicknames for your accounts. You can give each account a nickname to make it easier to identify in the list.
* Improvement – better looking settings pages.
* Improvement – new option to either schedule auto-posts (recommended) or do it immediately. This could be useful to the people with disabled or broken WP Cron.
* Critical Stability fix – The next GoDaddy crush should not break your website.
* Bug fix – disappearing accounts.
* Bug fix – custom post settings weren’t saved in some cases.
* Bug fix – format and settings fixes for almost all networks.
= 2.0.12 =
* Bug fix – Some Facebook connectivity isses.
* Bug fix – Unselected Custom post types were still published in some cases.
= 2.0.11 =
* Bug fix – Compatibility issue with some browsers.
= 2.0.10 =
* Bug fix – Facebook “Share link” fix.
* Improvement/Bug fix – some interface cosmetic changes.
= 2.0.9 =
* Bug fix – Facebook Authorization “Error 100” Fix.
Today we are ending the version 2 beta testing and releasing it for general public. Version 2 has so many advantages both inside and outside. It’s easier to use and setup, it’s faster and it’s all automated. You don’t need to upload and re-upload postToGooglePlus.php and other API’s anymore. All APIs are now built-in and will be kept up-to-date automatically.
Changes(since 2.0.6 Beta):
= 2.0.8 =
* Improvement – Better list of available accounts.
* Improvement/Bug fix – a lot of cosmetic interface changes and code optimizations for problem fixing and better looking.
* Bug fix – Google+ Wrong options when using “Repost Button”
* Bug fix – Google+ Fixed publishing of new lines in messages.
* Bug fix – Pinterest Settings Disappearance
= 2.0.7 =
* Improvement – Better list of available accounts.
* Bug fix – “Facebok Options Save” error fix.